Have you even seen a family group like this one? Welcome to the Samuel Wells Metsker family of Douglas County, Kansas. I invite you to spot what's really unusual about this family and then to post your comment. Who among you will be the first with the sharpest eyes?
Samuel Wells Metsker was born in 1838 in Blair Co, PA, and died in 1907 in Douglas Co, KS. He was the son of Jacob Metsker and Elizabeth Christian. The couple married about 1861 in Kansas and had eleven children:
1. Alonzo Byron Metsker, 1862-1921, m. Nellie Capps.
2. Clara Delvina Metsker, b. 1863, m. Isaac Hershey.
3. Emma Florence Metsker, 1864-1884.
4. Granville Harrison Metsker, b. 1866, m. Effie Martin.
5. Ida Jane Metsker, b. 1867, m. William Warner.
6. Kellie Leota Metsker, 1869-1940, m. Albert Jefts.
7. Minnie Nevada Metsker, b. 1871, m. Edwin Jay.
8. Oma Pierre Metsker, 1873-1873.
9. Quincy Roy Metsker, b. 1874.
10. Sonora Tolena Metsker, 1876-1946, never married.
11. Urban Victor Metsker, 1877-1864, never married.
(This comes from the Fall 1994 issue of the Fellowship of Brethren Genealogists Newsletter. Submitter was Dolores Baker of Wichita, Kansas.)
Now Tika does not really care about puzzles or brain-stumpers or unusual family groups. She never has.... even when she was a tiny puppy. But we do!