Friday, March 7, 2014

Tika & Smiling

Was sharing a good quote with Tika the other day:  "Want to know how the secret of how to wake up in the morning with a smile on your face? Go to bed with a coat hanger in your mouth." (Richard G. Scott).

Now does that not make you laugh? Or at least smile at the image? Tika says, "Hey, I'm smiling without that coat hanger!"


So why is Tika (and me too!) smiling? Because the snow is almost gone!! Tika is so eager to get outside and frankly so am I. Cannot help but think about my ancestors snowbound in their dimly-lighted little cabins, with a passel of sick children, for months and months. At least we can get out and go places. And we still complain about being sunless and housebound. "Buckle up!" says Tika. "If they could do it, we can do it too. But (woof, woof) I'm so glad spring is here!!"  Me too, Tika.

Even without a coat hanger.

No comments:

Post a Comment